The Sony RX100iv and the RX10m2 have also been announced today. Again, if you would like to read the full release please check out the Sony blog.
These small cameras come packed with some serious features which I will list below.
The RX100IV comes with the same small portable body and the following:
- Aluminum body
- 20 megapixels giving a resolution of 5372 x 3648
- Sensor size 1″ stacked
- 4k video
- Bionz X processor
- ISO 125-12800
- Fixed lens 24-70mm F1.8 – F2.8
- AF and AF assist lamp.
- 3″ screen @ 1,228,800 resolution
- EVF @ 2,359,296 resolution
- min shutter 30 sec max shutter 1/32000
- Built in flash
- price is around $1000.
The RX10m2 has the following features:
- 20 megapixels giving a resolution of 5472 x 3648
- 1″ BSI-CMOS sensor
- 4k video
- ISO 125 – 12800 (expandable to 64-25600)
- Lens focal length 24-200m
- 3″ screen @ 1,228,800
- Min shutter 30 sec max shutter 1/32000
- SLR style body.
Sony RX100iv and Rx10m2 are amazing indeed. The a7RII has definitely stolen the show :).
This is very exciting stuff and I am hoping to jump on board the Sony train of innovation this year.